jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Srinivasa Mohan \(HCL Financial Services\)" <Srinivasa.Mo...@hcl.in>
Subject AW: "two many links" error - Jackrabbit/Redhat
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 18:45:35 GMT
Hi Raphaël

Thank you for the information, I will go with the 2nd option as I already have lot of data
in the repository so changing the persistence manger will not work for me.

Thanks and Regards
Mohan

________________________________

Von: Raphaël Franchet [mailto:raphael@anyware-tech.com]
Gesendet: Do 11/2/2006 9:29
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: "two many links" error - Jackrabbit/Redhat

Hi,

we encountered this error at the begining of the year.
The cause is that some linux file system have a max number of files per
directory.

You have 2 solutions :
* use the derby persistance manager instead of the xml one (that was the
default at the begining of jackrabbit) because it needs less files
* change the filesystem of your linux rehat (might be ext/3) by a debian
using 'ext/3' or better a debian using 'reiserfs', because it will
accept more files.

We chose the 2nd solution because our test with the derby where not 100%
succefull.

regards,

Raphaël FRANCHET
Chef de projet CMS
Solutions & Technologies
ANYWARE TECHNOLOGIES
Tel: +33 (0)5 61 00 73 47
Fax : +33 (0)5 61 00 51 46
www.anyware-tech.com

Srinivasa Mohan (HCL Financial Services) a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I am using jackrabbit since its early draft version, I deployed the repository on a red
hat Linux machine and I was using that since last one year, now the repository size has grown
up around 6 GB and when I create a new document it comes with an error "two many links", this
is because jackrabbit is not able to create a new directory to store the version information.