jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "dan" <danz8...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: RowIterator loop is slow?
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:46:16 GMT

Hi,

> That's probably because jackrabbit needs to read all 2000 entries from
> disk.

All at once? I thought the Lucene search would return a set of Node UUIDs or
something similar. Then the reading of actual Rows/Nodes from the result is
incremental (by smaller chunks).

> does the performance improve when you look again through the entries?

Yes, I saw a slight improvement. But still around 3 seconds.

I'm using DB2FileSystem. The Jackrabbit FAQ says DBFileSystem is "slower
than native file system", while LocalFileSystem is "slow on Windows boxes".
Which of these two file systems is faster on Windows box? Has anyone tested
with both file system on Windows?

Also, If I want to try using LocalFileSystem, can I simply switch the
settings in repository.xml?

Thanks,
Dan