jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Neale" <michael.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject Backup tool for Jackrabbit
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:14:28 GMT
Can anyone tell me what the status is of the backup tool for jackrabbit? I
remember reading that it was functional - is it now (1.1) part of the
jackrabbit distro? (I have the wiki page on it, that is all).

I am also interested in if the backup/restore tool is suitable for the
following scenarios:

1) migrating from one repository with data to an new empty repository.

2) exporting from one version of the repository, and loading into a newer
version of the repository (with node types, but no data) (perhaps with new
node types) - basically seeing if it can be used for migrtion of data for
repo changes over time. This is a real worry of mine, I still don't
understand how I can make my repository cope with Version 2.0 of the
application when there is existing data ??? any ideas?

Thanks for any advice !

Michael.