jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with importing using Document View - why is xmlns needed again? and how do I import non well-formed xml?
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:51:07 GMT
On 11/9/06, Sridhar Raman <sridhar.raman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I made my Document View, and did the importing, and assigned the references
> programmatically. That works fine.
>
> But I have another small problem - concerning namespaces.
>
> This is the structure of the nodes:
> CON
> |---ENTS
>      |---DIM
>
> There can be many DIM nodes, and all should be under the main node of
> /CON/ENTS. So I create an XML document in Document View format, that will be
> imported.
>
> The first time, I created a file in this style:
> <ents ...>
>   <dim/>
>   <dim/>
>   <dim/>
>   <dim/>
> </ents>
>
> And I did the importXML("/con", ...) using this method call. It worked fine,
> with just a small hitch. I had to define all the namespaces again as part of
> the <ent> element. Else, the import kept throwing unrecognised prefix
> exceptions. I did that and it worked.

i don't see any namespaces being used in your example. what namespaces
are you talking of. can you provide a small sample xml file?

> Now I want to do a second set of import to this same workspace. And I
> created the Document View in the same style as earlier. The import gives me
> something like this.
>
> /con/ent/dim/...
> /con/ent/dim1/...
> /con/ent/dim2/...
> /con/ent/dim3/...
> /con/ent/dim4/...
> ..[DATA from first import]
> ..
> /con/ent2/dim/...
> /con/ent2/dim1/...
> /con/ent2/dim2/...
> /con/ent2/dim3/...
> ..[DATA from second import]
> ..
>
> What should be done to get the new list of <dim> nodes to go under the
> earlier <ent>?

i don't think that this can be done by using the jcr importXML methods.
you'll either have to do it programmatically or write a custom SAX
ContentHandler.

> I tried this kind of Document View
> <dim>
> <dim1>
> <dim2>
> and importing using the call importXML("/con/ent/", ..)
>
> This gives 2 problems:
> 1) it's not well formed
> 2) namespaces not found

again, what namespaces are you talking of?

cheers
stefan