jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Graeme Wilkinson" <grae...@enigma-interactive.co.uk>
Subject RMI Ports
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:17:19 GMT
Is there a way to configure Jackrabbit to assign a specified port for
RemoteObjects when using RMI? I know you can set the RMI registry port
(which I have done) but the arbitrary port assigned to remote server
objects (e.g. RemoteRepository) is blocked but my firewall. I could open
this arbitrary port on the firewall but the port is resigned when ever
the server JVM restarts, I don't want to have to reconfigure the
firewall each time.

I think you can actually set this port in code by using
UnicastRemoteObject( int port ) constructor but from what I've seen of
the source code for the jackrabbit RMI functionality this is not used
(or maybe I'm just not looking in the right place).

Cheers,
Graeme