jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Swayambhuba kar" <tutu....@gmail.com>
Subject Auto generated namespace prefix
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:27:04 GMT
Folks,

I am trying to import an arbitrary XML document into the repository. If any
of the namespaces defined in the document doesn't have a prefix associated
to it, jackrabbit generates a unique namespace prefix starting with _pre and
auto qualifies all the elements in the xml with that prefix.

This change disrupts the XPath queries I am running against the imported XML
which assume the element names to remain same.

One of the fix I found out is to assign prefixes to all the namespaces. But
that is not an option given the requirements I have. Is there any other way
of getting around it?

-Swayam