jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About the parameter config of Mysql autoReconnect
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:25:06 GMT
Hi,

You probably mean using a database URL like this:
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?autoReconnect=true

Like this, the MySQL JDBC driver automatically tries to re-connects if
the connection is broken. My experience with this feature is, it
doesn't completely solve the problem. The first query after the server
is started still fails (the second succeeds however). If there was an
open transaction, it is rolled back. If autocommit is disabled, it
just doesn't work (I just tried that). Prepared statements are
invalidated (as far as I know). The autoReconnect feature may work for
web applications, but for Jackrabbit I don't think it works
transparently (at the moment). See also

Thomas