jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: modify a node type definition
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:50:55 GMT
Hi,

On 11/30/06, Paco Avila <pavila@git.es> wrote:
> El jue, 30-11-2006 a las 09:55 +0100, Stefan Guggisberg escribió:
> > if you add mix:referenceable to an existing node type, existing nodes
> > of that node type would be in an inconsistent state as they don't
> > have the jcr:uuid property. that's why you can't add it.
>
> But I can add this "mix:referenceable" to all the existing node, isn't
> it? So the stats will not be inconsistent.

The problem with applying the change to the node type rather than
individual nodes is that the node type modification implies a global
modification of all nodes of that type. We currently don't have the
functionality in place to achieve such large-scale modifications. Thus
the "not yet implemented" message.

I would very much like to see us eventually getting to a point where
we can implement such operations, but that will probably not happen in
the next few releases since the amount of required effort is
considerable. Most likely we'll see a sequence of incremental steps to
support ever larger node type modifications.

BR,

Jukka Zitting