jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit wih commons-logging instead of slf4j
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:59:34 GMT
Hi,

On 11/28/06, jdente@21technologies.com <jdente@21technologies.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a project that is already using commons logging.  We
> recently added Jackrabbit and would like to be able to remove the slf4j
> dependency in Jackrabbit so that we do not have two different loggers.  Is
> there any way to configure Jackrabbit to use commons-logging instead of
> slf4j?

The beauty of slf4j is that you'll never need to rewrite things to use
different logging frameworks. Instead of being a full logging
framework, slf4j is actually a facade for various different
frameworks.

Just replace the default slf4j-log4j dependency (and log4j) with
slf4j-jcl (and commons-logging), and Jackrabbit will happily log
through commons-logging. :-)

BR,

Jukka Zitting