jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit JCA 1.1 from ibiblio - wrong jcr dependency
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:43:23 GMT
Hi,

On 11/23/06, Marcel May <marcel.may@consol.de> wrote:
> There is actually a quite firm policy that once a pom is uploaded to the
> repo it will not get changed again. Having a reproducible build can only
> be assured if the given pom is immutable. Also, I believe the pom once
> downloaded is not getting fetched again (except for SNAPSHOTs). Solution
> would be to publish eg '1.1.01' :-(

Yes, we'll probably solve the dependency issues incrementally as we
make more releases.

About the repository immutability rule - I've seen the repository
owners being rather relaxed about this rule on some occasions. For
example some of the Jackrabbit POMs were actually modified to have the
javax.jcr dependency without even updating the associated MD5 sums or
notifying me to update the PGP signature.

I'm not totally happy with that but I understand the fine line between
repository stability and validity they are maintaining. I've been
trying to get a bit more involved with the repository maintenance to
better understand the underlying issues and hopefully help improve
also the Jackrabbit POM metadata. You're welcome to join
repository@apache.org if you're also interested.

BR,

Jukka Zitting