jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Multiple sessions updating the same workspace
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:59:50 GMT
Dan Connelly wrote:
> What are the conditions (if any) that would prevent any one of these
> Sessions from executing its save?

I'm not sure I understand the the usage you described correctly, so I just state
all the conditions that come to my mind:

- an ancestor of the an item in the change set is locked
- multiple change sets intersect (in a conflicting way) and are saved concurrently
- access rights were modified between a transient change and the corresponding
save call (e.g. resulting in a transient change which is not permitted anymore).
- referential integrity is broken
- in case of XA: TM decides to rollback the changes
- a persistence manager fails to save the change set with an exception

(did I miss anything?)

> Does this change if each Sessions runs in its own Thread?

You shouldn't use a session instance with multiple threads anyway. So, one
thread per session is the default use case.

View raw message