jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Probles with WebDav in IE
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:42:03 GMT
hi claus

 > But if this URL is opened by Internet Explorer and then MS Word
 > launched in the ie, the document will be opened as a local copy and
 > so no webdav support is given.
 > If I open this document directly with MS Word by URL it is opened as
 > a webdav document and it can directly be saved back on the server.

as discussed in german yesterday:

from my point of view the difference is, that opening the
dav-resource directly with MS-Word is the same than accessing
the resource in the webfolder. thats why you have WebDAV
functionality enabled.

 > Has anybody the same Problem ? Is it a Problem of the Webdav
 > Servlet or is it a configuration Problem of the ie ??

i'd say, that this is not an issue of the webdav server. and
i doubt, that you can configure your IE to treat a normal
download link differently. but i might be mistaken... maybe
some microsoft expert can answer this question.

regards
angela