jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Darren Hartford" <dhartf...@ghsinc.com>
Subject RE: JackRabbit maturity?- robustness, performance and scalability
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:57:47 GMT
Most of the conversation related to DB-oriented persistence is a good
option, but the file-based approach does works quite well and is pretty
stable.  In addition, if you are using the lucene indexing on your
fields, the search performance is definitely good and probably on par
with DB (I haven't compared the two yet).  One less
dependency/software-system to cause issues is a good thing ;-)

As for a previous remark regarding a lot of nodes in a single
hierarchy/flat-storage, that is a very common problem and also exists in
Slide -- Jackrabbit is not unique to this problem.

Jackrabbit is definitely very good and maturing very well. My only open
complaint is still waiting for full WebDAV support with DASL
<basicsearch> support -- I tried it myself, but it ended up being a
horrible hack that I threw away ;-)