jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Cosmin Zamfir <cosminzam...@yahoo.com>
Subject Creating NodeType with dynamic, linked properties
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:28:28 GMT
Hello all,

Suppose I want to create several NodeTypes, each of them containing  a Property called "category"
whose value is constrained to a List of values.

The constraint  list  will  need to be expanded as more categories will be added. This change
should be reflected then in all NodeTypes which contain the "category" property.
Unfortunately, it seems that the PropertyDefinition is somehow static, getValueConstraints()
only allows to define one time the constraints. There is no functionality to create a link
to a dynamic Property, so that all changes made in the Property will be reflected in all NodeTypes
using this Property.

The only solution I see at the moment is to create a custom implementation, outside the repository,
to mimic the NodeType interface,
 including inheritance. But doing so will create a lot of disadvantages; including the fact
that there will be no checks done by the repository itself for compliance to the NodeType
of new Nodes.

Are you aware of any posibility to create such a functionality using the repository?

Thanks a lot,
Cosmin

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre