jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Aloke Agarwal <agarwal_al...@yahoo.com>
Subject Storing XML with Full XPath Capability Requirement
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 21:39:32 GMT
Hi,

We are in the process of evaluation jackrabbit for one of our projects. We will be storing
all XML data and we would need full xpath capability for the xml stored.

Based on the above requirement the only way we could figure out to do this is using DocumentView
of the xml. So for a particular xml document each element translates to a node and attributes
in the element translate to properties. Once we do this we could do full xpath.

However the concern I have with the above implementation is that with each save we would create
potentially n-nodes, which could make it slow. Also during export we have to combine all these
elements to form the xml document back which might be slow. Also the storage requirements
of the repository will grow since now 1 document can translate to n nodes.

Has anybody found another way of what we are trying to do?. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Aloke