jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Abhinav Mishra <amis...@mdes.ms.gov>
Subject RE: Unregistering a custom node
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:20:38 GMT
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:12 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unregistering a custom node

hi abhinav

On 11/14/06, Abhinav Mishra <amishra@mdes.ms.gov> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had created a custom node type and I want to add some more non-mandatory
> properties to it. Is it possible?

trivial node type modifications (i.e. those that do not affect the
consistency of existing content) are currently supported. see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-322.

adding non-mandatory properties are considered trivial changes.
see
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api-1/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/nodetype/NodeT
ypeDefDiff.html
for more details.

> I have tried the NodeTypeRegistry.unregisterNodeType method for
> unregistering  and then re registering the node with new properties. The
> error message indicates that this method is not yet implemented.
> Please help.

try NodeTypeRegistry.reregisterNodeType(NodeTypeDef) instead of
unregister/register.

cheers
stefan