jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "David Moss" <david.m...@infoflow.co.uk>
Subject Advantages of building tree structure
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:12:59 GMT

This might sound like a simple question, but what advantage is there in
building a tree structure to store my data?

If I'm storing a single type of data 'documents' that is distributed to
'recipients' (be it groups or users).  What advantage is there in building a
user / group / role hierarchy and retrieing documents through that as
opposed to simply storing documents with an attribute indicating the
recipient?

I realise this would result in a flatter tree structure, which I've read
elsewhere is not handled so well by jackrabbit.  What's the reason for this?
Are attribute values indexed at all?

Many thanks,

David.