jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Nicolas " <nto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XPath queries for versions
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:48:56 GMT
Hi Alexandru,

> According to the specification, if an implementation is supporting
> versioning, then this is stored in a special version storage area,
> which must be exposed in each workspace under
> /jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage.

It is the case. I use it to export  versioning in systemView for my backup
tool.

I am wondering if you can use normal XPath queries upon this tree?

I think so, but  others can answer better than me on this issue :)

Also, I am a bit confused by the fact that according to the spec each
> workspace has an unique root node: /jcr:root, but in case the
> implementation supports versioning it pretty much looks like each
> workspace has in fact 2 root nodes: /jcr:root and /jcr:system. Am I
> getting things wrongly?

Actually, the root is /jcr:root. You have then
/jcr:root/jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage.

If you are interested, I have a few test remaining of the backup tool
export. You will see this in XML: it might help makes things clearer.

BR
Nico