jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR for everything (...or still some use of RDB)?
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 15:07:23 GMT
On 10/28/06, Patrick Herber <patrick.herber@ticino.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently working at the design of a web collaboration application
> (things like knowledge-, time-, projects-, ... management) and I tought it
> would be very interesting to use jackrabbit for storing the content, since
> many features I need, like versioning, observation, access control, ...,
> come fast "out-of-the-box".
>
> Now, I'm new to Content Repositories and also to jackrabbit and I'm
> wondering: it's suggested to save everything in the content repository or,
> for some parts, of the application data is still prefered the use of a
> relational DB?
> I'm thinking, using the example of my project, about relationships between
> the different "content-objects", or about ratings and tags, which users can
> give to these objects.

Patrick, even if the details of your app are not so clear, I would say
that at first glance I would give a try to put everything in the JCR.
You can use relationships in the JCR (check mix:referenceable and the
REFERENCE type property. Also be aware of the multi-value properties).

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.