jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PersistenceManagers Benchmark
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:49:19 GMT
On 10/25/06, Nicolas <ntoper@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
>
> Excellent ideas.
>
> I could use the JCR test suite and add some stress testing (ie 10 000 nodes,
> importing XML). This way I could also compare different JCR implementation
> according to different needs + JR different PM (I am currently more
> interested in the Persistence Manager but this test suite can be easily
> exteneded later).
>
> What kind of stress test should be needed?

If you are gonna use TestNG then concurrency stress testing can be a breath ;-).

For example:

making the following simple test a concurrency one:

@Test
public void nodeCreation() {
    // create 1000 nodes
}

@Test(invocationCount=10, threadPoolSize=10)
public void nodeCreation() {
   // create 1000 nodes
}

I think I already have something for simple queries.

If you have a good start, maybe we can create a Google Code hosted
project to maintain/share these.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.