jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Efficient way of loading multiple properties of a node?
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:23:23 GMT
On 10/24/06, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> Stefan Guggisberg schrieb:
> > On 10/20/06, Marcel May <marcel.may@consol.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I'm wondering if there is an efficient way of loading all the
> >> properties of a node?
> >>
> >> When iterating over the properties of a node, it seems that each
> >> property is fetched lazily, right?
> >>

> > that depends on the current state of the several caches and the
> > implementation of the persistence manager.
> >
> > i.e. it's an implementation detail and nothing to be concerned
> > with when writing an application using the JCR api.
> >
> > cheers
> > stefan
>
> That's just one way to see it.
>
> In my experience with APIs, it's a good thing when several related calls
> can be grouped into a single one for performance. Your store may not be
> local after all.

You are right Julian, but the spec doesn't say anything about batch
propery fetching; so Steffan is right: it is an implementation detail.
And if the implementation proves itself to go over the wire to fetch
each property then this would be considered an important design bug in
that implementation.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.