jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: is jackrabbit Threadsafe?
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:36:16 GMT
On 10/16/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> (could people please avoid top posting: it makes it very difficult to
> include enough context)
>
> On 10/16/06, Ted Roeloffzen <ted.roeloffzen@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In what way would that influence the performance?
>
> (see below)

> > > if that's not possible, it should be possible to use jakarta commons-pool
>
> commons-pool is an object pool. one use case is connection pooling for
> data sources. session pooling sounds like another good match.

I don't know much about commons-pool, so here are a couple of
questions before further investigating:

- can you configure commons-pool to grow/shrink appropriately?
- can you configure commons-pool with some code that should be used to
create new objects available in the pool?
- can you configure commons-pool with some code that should be used to
destroy/clean objects from the pool?

Without these, I think there is enough work needed to make it work.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.