jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Alexandru Popescu" <the.mindstorm.mailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Node names
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:22:47 GMT
Hi!

I am a bit confused by the specification for the node names. According
to the spec (page 26-27), a node name can be:

name ::= simplename | prefixedname

simplename ::= onecharsimplename |
                        twocharsimplename |
                        threeormorecharname

and then:

onecharsimplename ::= (* Any Unicode character except: '.', '/', ':',
'[', ']', '*', ''', '"', '|' or any  whitespace character *)

twocharsimplename ::= '.' onecharsimplename |
                                      onecharsimplename '.' |
                                      onecharsimplename onecharsimplename

According to the above it looks like I can have node names like:
.metadata or metadata. And according to the threeormorecharname I can
also have metadata.metadata. Is this correct?

Also, by reading the definition of threeormorecharname it looks like I
can have node names with only spaces. Is this really possible?

thanks in advance,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.