jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: How should a Custom AccessManager access a Node ?
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 20:55:21 GMT

On 9 Oct 2006, at 21:32, Michael Neale wrote:

> right, so this means not keeping ACL data on the node itself, as
> Sriram
> suggests?
>
> I guess you need seperate nodes to store the ACL data (stored
> against the
> UUIDs of the nodes you are protecting) and on startup, load that up
> into a
> dirty big in memory map, which the ACL uses.

No I actually store ACLs as sub nodes. I have registered a change
listener on the node types for the ACLs. The only thing missing from
my current implementation is an actual AccesManager; it's currently
being done by a legacy component from our old repository code.

> When you add/modify a node, you need to update the ACL data nodes,
> and flush
> its cache (or something like that).

Yes.

It's technically possible to let your access manager have its own
special session open to retrieve nodes on demand though; an ACL cache
is not the only way to implement this.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@pobox.com