jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Magnus Grimsell" <magnus.grims...@idainfront.se>
Subject jta transaction without using jca
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 09:02:31 GMT
I would like to configure jackrabbit with db based file system and persistence manager that
participates in the ongoing jta transaction.
I tried out the JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager but since it does explicit commits i ran into
trouble.

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The method 'commit' cant be called when a global transaction
is active.
	at oracle.oc4j.sql.spi.ConnectionHandle.oc4j_throwSQLExceptionIfGlobalTxActive(ConnectionHandle.java:407)
	at oracle.oc4j.sql.spi.ConnectionHandle.commit(ConnectionHandle.java:122)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.DatabasePersistenceManager.store(DatabasePersistenceManager.java:339)

I've read that you are supposed to use JCA to enable jackrabbit to participate in JTA transactions.
However, since our product must
work on a bunch of different application servers I'm a little hesitant to introduce this new
requirement.

Has anybody used JTA and jackrabbit without using JCA?

Magnus Grimsell
magnus.grimsell@idainfront.se