jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Miro Walker" <miro.wal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is jackrabbit Threadsafe?
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:34:16 GMT
Another way to handle this is to create a pool of sessions and use
them for different request threads. You avoid the creation overhead
this way while still having per-thread sessions.

Also worth noting that there are still some known bugs around
concurrent access to versioning operations within transactions.
Whether this will affect you depends on what you're planning to do of
course.

On 10/16/06, Michael Neale <michael.neale@gmail.com> wrote:
> Session creation seems to be fast after the first hit, fast enough for pre
> request cycles. You can always wrap stuff with threadsafe code to protect
> access if you want a per http session scenario.
>
> On 10/16/06, Ted Roeloffzen <ted.roeloffzen@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > But when you use different Sessions for all request cycles, you will have
> > login all the time and this will kill your performance, or am i wrong??
> >
> > On 10/16/06, Ted Roeloffzen <ted.roeloffzen@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > So how would you do it?

Http