jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Chan" <vincentslc...@gmail.com>
Subject JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager and WAS6 - keep getting rollback exception
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 01:18:20 GMT
Hi:

Wonder if anyone has experience of using jackrabbit with Datasource
Providers setup in WebSphere 6?
We're getting a CORBA TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK everytime we try to retrieve
something from the database.

The datasource I've set up in WAS6 has the JNDI name of jdbc/myDB2

And I've setup in repository.xml the following:

<PersistenceManager class="
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.JNDIDatabasePersistenceManager">
    <param name="dataSourceLocation" value="java:comp/env/jdbc/templates"/>
    <param name="schema" value="db2"/>
    <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="@TEMPLATES_"/>
    <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
</PersistenceManager>

 Jacrabbit is exposed via an EJB with simple get/store methods which
ultimately get and set Nodes. The EJB has transaction set to "Not supported"
and Bean managed.
jdbc/templates is then binded to jdbc/mjDB2 when we deploy the EJB.

>From what we have observed when testing with a client portlet, the first
call to the EJB to retrieve data (a simple SELECT setatement) results in a
rollback, but the data is successfully cached in the jackrabbit repository,
and a second call (refresh) we can see the retrieved content. I have no idea
why and when is the rollback occuring.

Can someone see anything fundementally wrong here? Or suggest how to tackle
the problem?

Thanks,
Vincent