jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Neale" <michael.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Node Definitions
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 08:55:00 GMT
I *really* like the CND format that Jackrabbit uses to define, its so
declarative and at a glance almost anyone can understand the data structure
(needs very little training) - I hope someone is pushing that for JCR2 ! If
not, please do ! (and how can I vote !).

Yes I think interoperable node types is pretty critical for the
"swappability" - yes DDL is not compatable, but then things like hibernate
come along which will allow you to define the schema in the mapping files
for you (and have the DDL generated) - I would like to see JCR2 stick to a
common standard though, it would be another reason to use JCR other then a
vanilla RDBMS.

Michael.