jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Neale" <michael.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how does authorization works in jackrabbit?
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 16:59:46 GMT
Hi Magnus.
Firstly, I think by authorisation in this context you mean access control?
(authorisation is via JAAS I believe).

I worked out a little by plugging in a dummy AccessManager and looked at the
callbacks. I did not try it with searching though, but I gather it will use
it to honour the access rules with returning results - thus your acess list
lookups better be really fast and in memory !

Anyone else with real experience, please do share !