jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems with Oracle
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:42:08 GMT
On 10/27/06, annei shao <annie@dhapdigital.com> wrote:

> Hi Stephan:
>
> Here are the versions that I am using.
>
> For oracle:  Connected to:
> Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production
> With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
> JServer Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
>
> For the jdbc driver: I tried both version
>
> Oracle JDBC Driver version - 10.1.0.2.0 (version used in our production
> system)
> and
> Oracle JDBC Driver version - 9.0.2.0.0 (version that oracle claims matches
> our database).
>
> I haven't tried your new changes, but I changed our application to use only
> the oraclePersistenceManager, since you said that one was tested against 9i,
> but I am still getting errors related to the temp blobs (stack trace
> attached below).  Also, is all that reflection code necessary in the
> oraclePersistanceManager?  Can I change that to regular method calls?

i used reflection in order to avoid compile time dependencies on oracle
jdbc drivers. if you build your own pm you can change to regular method
calls, but it shouldn't make a difference result-wise.

the following looks interesting:

> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException
>         at
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.physicalConnectionWithin(OracleConnection.java:5141)
>         at oracle.sql.BLOB.createTemporary(BLOB.java:776)

a ClassCastException thrown from within oracle code...

there could be an issue with classoaders etc. what's the environment you're
running jackrabbit with? any appserver?

please test the latest version with a virgin i.e. empty schema to avoid
any potential side effects of existing content. please see also my other
recent post in this thread.

thanks
stefan