jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Tobias Bocanegra" <tobias.bocane...@day.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit core and jackrabbit RMI incompatibility
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:10:05 GMT
this is due the nature of RMI. it implements a transparent marshalling
layer that exposes a JCR170 api on the client side, and accesses the
JCR170 api on the serverside. that is why on your client, the *Impl
classes are not available anymore. just other implementations of the
jsr170 api.

regards, toby

On 10/17/06, Marcin Nowak <marcin.j.nowak@comarch.com> wrote:
> I can't use SessionImpl and RepositoryImpl due to jackrabbit-rmi
> incompatibility and other incompatibilities in methods in classes
> RepositoryImpl, SessionImpl, ie. RepositoryImpl returns almost always
> Session - not SessionImpl when I try to log into the repository. Am I doing
> something wrong? Where is this kind of incompatibility coming from?
>
> Regards,
> Marcin Nowak
>

> --
> Empowering business