jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Levy <l...@csl.sri.com>
Subject ItemManager warning
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:06:38 GMT

I just got around to upgrading from 1.0.1 to 1.1, and am
now seeing many "overwriting cached item" warnings.
With debugging on,

  DEBUG org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager: created item
1211f27e-e83e-4fa6-a0bf-4323e5b89d5d
  DEBUG org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager: caching item
1211f27e-e83e-4fa6-a0bf-4323e5b89d5d
  DEBUG org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager: created item
1211f27e-e83e-4fa6-a0bf-4323e5b89d5d
  WARN  org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager: overwriting cached item
1211f27e-e83e-4fa6-a0bf-4323e5b89d5d
  DEBUG org.apache.jackrabbit.core.ItemManager: caching item
1211f27e-e83e-4fa6-a0bf-4323e5b89d5d

It seems to be related to the fact that we use the slightly
messy trick of a custom-extended AccessManager that
actually accesses permission properties stored on nodes.
However, it was working fine with v. 1.0.1.  (Then, the
ItemManager logged only one item creation for each node id.)

Is this logged at warning level for a reason, and worth
worrying about?  And any quick thoughts on what might have
changed?

Many thanks!

Joshua