jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From pdog <pete.ma...@connectyourcare.com>
Subject ItemNotFoundException when importing from XML
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:15:57 GMT

When doing an import of XML I am receiving the following error:
javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException: failed to build path of
674a6021-77c7-4975-a26e-b1f56f6a6647: cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
has no child entry for 674a6021-77c7-4975-a26e-b1f56f6a6647
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.HierarchyManagerImpl.buildPath(HierarchyManagerImpl.java:307)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.CachingHierarchyManager.buildPath(CachingHierarchyManager.java:158)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.HierarchyManagerImpl.getPath(HierarchyManagerImpl.java:356)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.CachingHierarchyManager.getPath(CachingHierarchyManager.java:220)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.BatchedItemOperations.checkRemoveNode(BatchedItemOperations.java:699)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.BatchedItemOperations.recursiveRemoveNodeState(BatchedItemOperations.java:1513)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.BatchedItemOperations.removeNodeState(BatchedItemOperations.java:1215)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.xml.WorkspaceImporter.resolveUUIDConflict(WorkspaceImporter.java:195)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.xml.WorkspaceImporter.startNode(WorkspaceImporter.java:473)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.xml.DocViewImportHandler.startElement(DocViewImportHandler.java:238)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.xml.ImportHandler.startElement(ImportHandler.java:234)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(Unknown
Source)
	at
Source)
	at
Source)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.WorkspaceImpl.importXML(WorkspaceImpl.java:731)
	at
com.cc.framework.util.JackrabbitUtil.loadMenuFromXML(JackrabbitUtil.java:158)

When looking up the meaning behind cafebabe I found that that means the root
menu.  When I look at the root menu in my repository there is a menu node
that has a UUID of what is in the error.  Here is the code I am using to do
the import:

Session currentSession = getSession();
Workspace currentWorkspace = currentSession.getWorkspace();
String xmlLocation =
System.getProperty(CCConstants.REPOSITORY_XML_LOCATION);
File inputFile = new File(xmlLocation+ "\\menuview.xml");
FileInputStream in = new FileInputStream(inputFile);

currentWorkspace.importXML("/", in,
ImportUUIDBehavior.IMPORT_UUID_COLLISION_REPLACE_EXISTING);

getSession() is just a static method that retrieves a jackrabbit session
from a JNDI lookup that is started using the jackrabbit-jca-1.1.rar.  Now
when I do this import just in a main method and create the JNDI lookup using
the RegistryHelper it works without problem.  It only happens when i'm doing
the import when using the jca session.

The xml was obtained by doing an exportDocumentView from /menu.  So
basically I am just trying to do an import of an xml that was just exported
of the same (just testing theories and getting used to Jackrabbit).

Thanks.