jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From pdog <pete.ma...@connectyourcare.com>
Subject Re: Importing XML using IMPORT_UUID_COLLISION_REPLACE_EXISTING
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:22:33 GMT

Jukka Zitting-3 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 10/24/06, pdog <pete.mazur@connectyourcare.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to import an xml file into an existing repository.  Just
>> trying
>> to get a simple example working but when I import the xml it doesn't
>> overwrite the node that I am trying to replace, but it creates a new node
>> of
>> the same name in the path specified.
>
> Note that the node you are trying to replace needs to be
> referenceable. You can check whether this is true by looking for a
> "jcr:uuid" attribute of the root element of the exported XML document.
>
> If needed, you can make the node referenceable like this:
>

> session.getRootNode().getNode("menu/privacypolicy").addMixin("mix:referenceable");
>     session.save();
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Thanks for the respone Jukka.  I added on the mix:referenceable to the nodes
and when I import the XML now it overwrites the node which is the action I
was hoping for.  I do notice now that if I export the XML it does have the
jcr:uuid in the XML but it doesn't have the mixin property there.

Here is the steps I am taking:

1.  Create a node with .addMixin("mix:referenceable") for that node and any
node above it (so the root in my example)
2.  Export the node to XML.  This XML has the jcr:uuid in it but does not
have the jcr:mixinTypes in it.
3.  Now import the XML into the repository node.  The node that is updated
now doesn't have the jcr:mixinTypes that were there before b/c it wasn't in
the XML.
4.  Now if I export the node to XML it doesn't have the jcr:uuid in it.

Is this the normal behavior for the export?  If so then I will just add the
mixin after the import that I do, but I thought I would ask before hand
anyways if I was doing something odd or could do something to get the
mixinTypes into the xml.

Thanks