jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From zagarol <shane.prea...@googlemail.com>
Subject XPath query using references
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:49:36 GMT

Hi,
I am trying to restrict a list of nodes in a certain hierarchy by the UUID
of a node they reference and was wondering if this was possible and if so
what the query would be:

My Node tree in Jackrabbit looks like this:
                                                          jcr:root
                                                          /    \
                                          publications      categories
                                             /       \            /
\
                              <publication nodes>     <category nodes>
                                                                   /
\
                                                               <article
nodes>

I am trying to get all the article nodes for a given category (note the
category nodes maybe 1 - 6 extra nodes deep) which have a reference to a
given publication node) This reference is stored as a property on the
article node called, unsuprisingly, 'publication'.

I am assuming that I could look up the UUID of the publication I am
interested in and then run something like the following query:

/jcr:root/categories//article[@publication = '<UUID>']

Is this correct as it doesn't seem to work?

Many thanks,
Zagarol.