jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torgeir Veimo <torg...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: permgen error with jackrabbit 1.1
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:42:47 GMT

On 18 Oct 2006, at 18:02, Michael Neale wrote:

> PermSpace is normally due to lots of classes being generated - I am
> pretty
> sure jackrabbit does none of that, therefore its the tomcat/loading
> reloading (but that doesn't explain why it only happens for tomcat).

It happens after repeated redeployments of the application. There's a
description about how to see it here: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/
richunger/archive/2006/09/debugging_permg.html

I tried to pin down which class triggers the behavior, but so far
I've only determined that it happens if I log into the repository. If
I create a repository, but don't log in, it doesn't happen.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@pobox.com