jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comparing an RDBMS to JCR
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 10:10:22 GMT
Hi Behi,

Does it imply that using JCR has a __serious__
> performance penalty compared to direct access to the database via JDBC,
> and
> even using ORM tools such as EJB3?

It depends how you use it. There are faster ways to achieve the same thing:
If you want to add a lot of nodes concurrently, it is probably better to use
different parent nodes. For example, you could use one parent node for each
session. In your example you have used the same child node name
('position'). This is supported ('same name sibling') but IMO should be
avoided for multiple reasons (for example, if you want to access a node by
name). So I suggest you use different node names for the child nodes.

*JCR or any other CMS (?) API

The JCR is the only standardized CMS API as far as I know.

Thomas