jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Importing XML using IMPORT_UUID_COLLISION_REPLACE_EXISTING
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:46:05 GMT
Hi,

On 10/24/06, pdog <pete.mazur@connectyourcare.com> wrote:
> 1.  Create a node with .addMixin("mix:referenceable") for that node and any
> node above it (so the root in my example)
> 2.  Export the node to XML.  This XML has the jcr:uuid in it but does not
> have the jcr:mixinTypes in it.
> 3.  Now import the XML into the repository node.  The node that is updated
> now doesn't have the jcr:mixinTypes that were there before b/c it wasn't in
> the XML.
> 4.  Now if I export the node to XML it doesn't have the jcr:uuid in it.
>
> Is this the normal behavior for the export?

Yes, it's normal, but it's also incorrect. The reason for the
inconsistency is that we're still working on making multi-valued
properties correctly roundtrip when using the document view format.
See JCR-325 for the details. We actually do support importing the
multi-valued jcr:mixinTypes property as a special case, but due to the
roundtripping problems we've disabled exporting of all multi-valued
properties, including jcr:mixinTypes. Perhaps we should make a special
case also for exporting jcr:mixinTypes...

I suggest you to use the system view XML format if you want to do
exact export-import roundtripping.

BR,

Jukka Zitting