jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:46:18 GMT
Hi,

On 10/20/06, Michael Neale <michael.neale@gmail.com> wrote:
> A little OT, but does anyone know the reason behind the "deadbeef" error
> naming? I would assume some kind of in joke.
> Its actually kind of handy, quirky error messages often work better when
> searching the web for the solution ;)

The error message is actually: "failed to check existence of node
state: <node id>", and "deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe" is one
of the static identifiers used for system nodes. The list of such
identifiers is:

  cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe - the root node
  deadbeef-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe - /jcr:system
  deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe - /jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage
  deadbeef-cafe-cafe-cafe-babecafebabe - /jcr:system/jcr:nodeTypes

So it's not a joke, just a way of identifying the central nodes so
that they are clearly identifiable within error logs and won't be
confused with normal node UUIDs.

> > > ERROR  org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.db.DatabasePersistenceManager
> > > 20.10.2006 00:48:37 -- failed to check existence of node state:
> > > deadbeef-face-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
> > > java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

BR,

Jukka Zitting