jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fulltext search contraint on child nodes
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 06:38:27 GMT
Hi,

On 10/19/06, JavaJ <ponfar99@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to put a fulltext search constraint on the child node of the
> node you're searching for?

Unfortunately no. See http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-247 for
the feature request.

> For example, I have a nodetype A which has child nodes of nodetype B.  I
> want to do a search that returns all nodes of type A that contain a child
> node B with the word "foo" in any of its properties.

We had some discussion about a feature that would allow you to
register custom node indexers for specific node types. Such an indexer
could in principle also include information from child nodes in the
Lucene index entry of a node. So far this has just been idle
discussion, there are no actual plans to make this happen. Please
follow up on the dev list if you're interested in the details.

Note that any such feature would be Jackrabbit-specific extension to
the JCR API.

BR,

Jukka Zitting