jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TransientRepository bug?
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 23:46:19 GMT
Hi,

On 10/4/06, behrangsa <behrangsa@gmail.com> wrote:
> But the name TransientRepository kind of implies that changes made to the
> repository are gonna be lost when the program terminates... so I expected
> that whenever I run the program, the repository be empty... :-)
>
> What do you think? Shouldn't TransientRepository behave this way?

I agree that the naming is unfortunate (my mistake). "Transient" in
the name refers to the fact that there is no need to explicitly call
shutdown() on the repository instance, as the "transient" repository
gets automatically shut down when the last session is closed (and
restarted when a new login occurs).

BR,

Jukka Zitting