jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Sriram Narayanan" <sriram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How should a Custom AccessManager access a Node ?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:48:29 GMT
On 10/13/06, Michael Neale <michael.neale@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sririam - would you care to add some info to the wiki on your findings?
> While access manager is not part of JCR, woudl be nice to have a wiki page
> on how to use it effectively to create ACLs as you are doing.

My apologies for the delay. I've been busy with my project, and have
not made time for JackRabbit.

- I'd tried to use another session to connect to the repository and
then lookup a Node in order to look up its attributes. I get a
PathNotFoundException. I'm unable to retrieve Node for some reason.
This is in case of even Nodes that are already present in the
repository.

For now, I've decided to not access the Node itself. I'm instead
checking the node path (the hierarchyManager.getPath(itemID) gives you
a path like "*{}Parent{}Child{}GrandChild". I'm restricting myself at
the moment to checking the path text to decide whether the accessor
has permissions or not.

I now see the wisdom of posts by experienced JackRabbit users who
recommend that one listen to the repository for changes, and then
update an ACL based on these changes.

I'm also reading the JCR PDF document, and hope to come up with an
Authentication and Authorization implementation for JackRabbit that
folks could use.

I'l update the wiki tomorrow, since I'm exhausted right now.

Thanks, everyone, who's responded to my requests for help.

-- Sriram