jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Damioli <cedric.dami...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Contents of jcr-server ?
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:31:39 GMT
Hi all,

Can someone tell me what are the purposes of the different parts of
jcr-server ? I searched ML and wiki, but didn't found anything...

There are 4 folders :
 - client, which I suppose to be a generic Java WebDAV client
 - webdav, which I suppose to be the generic parts of a Java WebDAV
server, but not a server itself
 - server, which seems to actually contains the WebDAV server, but it
also seems there are two different implementations. Is it true ? And why ?
 - webapp, which is the servlet part of the above server

I'm wondering whether this WebDAV stuff is provided to access a JCR
Repository through a WebDAV layer (the client is a WebDAV one), or to
implement the model 3 deployment over WebDAV (the client is a JCR one),
or to have a full Java WebDAV server (a Slide successor).

I also may be totally wrong about this.

If someone has pointers on relevant docs, wiki, ..., I would appreciate.
Of course, I would be happy to contribute back all the answers to a wiki
or something like that, to make the stuff more clear to other users ?

Regards,

--
Cédric Damioli
Directeur de projets