jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: XPath query using references
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:15:18 GMT
zagarol wrote:
> I do have another quick question though:
> Currently I am doing 2 queries: 1 to find the UUID of the publication node
> and another to then find the articles that reference that publication. Is it
> possible to merge these into one query?

No, this is currently not possible. joins are not supported by jackrabbit. but
in most cases when working with references you can use method calls directly on
the Node and Property instances instead of executing a query. See:

http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-1.0/javax/jcr/Node.html#getReferences()

and

http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-1.0/javax/jcr/Property.html#getNode()

Both calls are much faster than executing an equivalent query.

regards
  marcel