jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: permgen error with jackrabbit 1.1
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:15:19 GMT
Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> Is there a way to force that thread to close, by adding any jackrabbit
> internal dependant code in my context listener close method?

not that I know of. the problem is with the design of the java.util.Timer class.
There's a circular dependency:

- the background thread won't stop until the its timer instance is garbage collected
- the timer instance won't get collected until the background thread is stopped

:-/

I guess you have to wait for 1.1.1 or patch your jackrabbit with the changes for
JCR-600.

regards
  marcel