jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: queries on nodes of type nt:file
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 18:26:08 GMT
Jukka Zitting schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On 9/28/06, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> I'm trying to understand how to express a query on a node of type
>> nt:file, putting an attribute constraint on the node itself, and doing
>> text search on the jcr:content child node.
>
> That's unsupported in Jackrabbit (see JCR-247) as well as being
> unspecified by JSR 170. :-(
>
> The current best practice (as discussed with David) to avoid this is
> to place all metadata and other extra properties on the nt:resource
> node instead of the nt:file node. Your search queries should then
> target the nt:resource node instead of the parent nt:file.

Hi Jukka,

this probably works, but I'm a bit worried of making a change like this.
Isn't the whole appeal of the nt:resource/nt:file scheme proposed by
JSR-170 that many implementations will share this model, and thus will
be interoperable to some degree?

Of course I could workaround this by exposing the properties on *both*
nodes, but somehow that doesn't feel like a very good idea either...
:-)

Best regards, Julian