jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Paul J DeCoursey <p...@decoursey.net>
Subject Re: Security problem with QueryManager?
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 16:46:03 GMT
You are missing the convenience of the PreparedStatement... you will
have to do your own data validation.

Ottinger, Joseph wrote:
> I was playing around with JCR's query facility and realised something a little scary.
Perhaps I'm just ignorant, but... hey, that's why I email the list, right?

> When I build SQL queries, I do something like this: "select * from nt:unstructured where
foo='"+bar+"'";

> Oh, wait. If I was actually using JDBC, I'd *never* do this, because some fool out there
will try to set bar to something that will return more than I want it to return. To wit: bar
might equal "a' or 1=1" and lo, every node will be returned. Application error at best, exposure
of sensitive data at worst.

> Then I thought, well, hey, I have XPath, right? But in XPath, I can construct a query
the same way. Hello, security hole.