jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ottinger, Joseph" <jottin...@techtarget.com>
Subject RE: PersistenceManagers Benchmark
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:57:11 GMT
Well, what we should do is determine what operations should be tested -
then we can create a benchmark fairly easily. Storing a node is easy
enough; querying the node is easy enough; storing properties, too.

Any other suggestions for common operations?

And is anyone else considering commons-jcr for creating common
operations for JCR?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 12:53 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: PersistenceManagers Benchmark

#: Nicolas changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date:
10/25/2006 4:07 PM) :#
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if someone benchmarked each Persistence Manager with
> Jackrabbit?
>
> I would like to understand better which PM is the best for which use.
> For instance I would have thought file based PM have an overall better

> performance than RDBMS ones. But it seems I am wrong. Am I the only
> one curious about this?
>
> If nobody did it, I can write one and put it back to the wiki if
> anyone's interested.
>
> BR,
> Nico
> my blog! http://www.deviant-abstraction.net !!

Hi Nico!

I would be very interested in seeing some results for this.
Unfortunately I don't have any time now to invest into this (nor a clear
idea how to do it). It would be great if you can create something,
because afterwards I am quite sure people will start contributing to it.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.