jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Qun Gu" <...@tirawireless.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat crashed with mode 2 configuration
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:56:47 GMT
Hi Behi,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the MD5 checksums of all the downloaded JAR files and
they are all fine. Thanks for sharing the trick. :-)

I have made a little progress by changing the resource configuration in Tomcat 4.X way like
this:

<Resource name="jcr/globalRepository"
          auth="Container"
          type="javax.jcr.Repository"/>

<ResourceParams name="jcr/globalRepository">
  <parameter>
    <name>factory</name>
    <value>org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>configFilePath</name>
    <value>c:/dev/apps/tomcat/tomcat-5.5.17/shared/repository/repository.xml</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>repHomeDir</name>
    <value>c:/dev/apps/tomcat/tomcat-5.5.17/shared/repository</value>
  </parameter>
</ResourceParams>

Tomcat doesn't crash now but I am getting:

Oct 10, 2006 4:44:40 PM org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener createMBeans
SEVERE: Exception processing Global JNDI Resources
javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance
        at org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:142)
        at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:792)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:139)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.nextElementInternal(NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.java:112)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.next(NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.java:70)
        at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:136)
        at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:143)
        at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:108)
        at org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:80)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:702)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)

jackrabbit-core-1.0.1.jar file and all the dependencies were already placed under [Tomcat
folder]/common/lib. Any clue on that?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Qun