jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Sridhar Raman" <sridhar.ra...@gmail.com>
Subject Importing of content - how do I set the property value for REFERENCE properties? (in Document/System View)
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:50:22 GMT
I am using the Jackrabbit implementation of JCR. I am facing a problem while
importing contents into a repository.

These are the specifics:
The node has a property that is of type REFERENCE. This means that the value
of this property would be the UUID of the node I want it to reference. (this
I can do programmatically) The problem is during importing.

I have created an XML file in the Document View mode. It looks like this -
<tx:book tx:name="ABC" jcr:primaryType="tx:BookType" tx:author="">

tx:author is the property of type REFERENCE. It should refer to a node. How
do I show that in the document view?

I know that if I do it programmatically, and then export that repository, I
see the tx:author property having a UUID value. But that is only because the
uuid has already been generated...and the system knows it.

In my case, right at the beginning, when I import, I have no idea about the
UUID. Intuitively I want the tx:author to point to a node of type
tx:AuthType. How do I
do this???

Could someone kindly help me? It's very urgent.
If someone can tell me how to do it in the System View...I would still be
happy. I can make that switch.

Thanks,
Sridhar

PS: If at all this can be done, I have another doubt. Can this linking be
only backward referencing? Or can I even set the value of the property to
nodes that haven't been created yet.